Valley Center Preschool was established in 1975 as a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering the development of children socially, mentally, emotionally, and physically. The school is located in First United Methodist Church. A Board of Directors governs the affairs of the Preschool. This Board is made up of representatives from the church and parents of enrolled children.
A DAY AT PRESCHOOL
A typical school day may include these activities:
- Center Time-an opportunity to choose activities from a variety of centers including housekeeping, creative arts, large muscle activities, manipulative activities, puzzles, and science activities.
- Group Time-a time for the group to talk about the calendar and the theme for the week.
- Music Time-listening to songs, singing, movement and rhymes
- Snack Time-we enjoy a daily drink and snack and practice our table manners
- Story Time- Books are shared in a small group
- Outdoor Play-our playground offers many opportunities for physical development, social interaction, taking turns and just having a good time! A kid favorite!
CLASSES OFFERED FOR 2016-2017
3 year old classes
- Mon/Wed AM
- Mon/Wed PM
- Tues/Thurs AM
- Tues/Thurs PM
4 year old classes
- Mon/Wed/Fri AM
- Tues/Thurs AM
- Tues/Thurs/Fri AM
- Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri PM
- 2 sessions per week – $85 per month
- 3 sessions per week – $110 per month
- 5 sessions per week – $170 per month
· Morning sessions meet from 9:00 to 11:30 AM
· Afternoon sessions meet from 12:45 to 3:15 PM
Our school year runs from the end of August through May following the Valley Center Public Schools for holidays and snow days.
- Enrollment is ongoing for our preschool classes as long as there are openings.
- There is a $50 enrollment fee due at the time of enrollment.
- Enroll by calling the school at 755-4343 or
- Download these forms:
Ruth Goering – Director/teacher
Teachers: Breanna Blanton, Kacy Buffo, Danelle Hammond, Marcia Hughes, Mary Klutzke, Jo Smith
Betty Ratzlaff, Abra Thieme.